Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stila "In The Light" Palette Review



Yesterday I received another eyeshadow palette I had ordered from aliexpress.com/....

Stila's "In The Light" Palette, which normally retails for $39, features 10 beautiful( matte & shimmer) neutral colors.The packaging is sturdy cardboard, which isn't my favorite, and for the price you would think they could make it metal or at least plastic. Mine was shipped all the way from China and all of the shadows were intact, so I guess the packaging isn't horrible! I think the Naked 2 & 3 palettes spoiled me as far as packaging goes. All-in all, I do really like this palette. It came with a nice sized mirror and a waterproof eyeliner also, which is nice.
The shadows themselves are very nice. Smooth and silky texture, good amount of pigment, and they stay put all day, at least they did with a primer under them. These are the names and descriptions of the colors in the palette:

~bare:(matte) off white/eggshell
~kitten: (metallic) gold
~bliss:(matte)tan
~sunset:(metallic) bronze
~sandstone: (matte) chocolate brown
~bubbly:(metallic) light gold
~gilded gold: (matte with gold glitter)light brown
~luster: (matte/shimmer) greenish-taupe
~night sky:(shimmer) grey/silver
~ebony: (matte) black

eyeliner included is the "smudge stick waterproof eye liner" in the color "damsel" (brown)

It also came with a booklet with instructions on different eye looks you can create with the palette.
Oh, by the way..I did NOT pay $39 for this, I payed $8.80 (and free shipping). I am telling you, if you like makeup, and would like to get high-end brands for less than you are paying for your drugstore brands, you need to check out aliexpress!! You will NOT be disappointed!!

~amber

No comments:

Post a Comment