Wednesday, June 18, 2014

**Drugstore Dupe" of the week





Battle of the Face Primers: Smashbox & Benefit vs. Maybelline

Anyone interested enough in makeup to be reading this blog has at least heard of face primers. There are so many of them out there, and almost all of them claim to do the same things:
                                   

                                    reduce pores
                                  fill in fine lines
                                blur imperfections
                   create a smooth canvas for our foundation


I have found 3 products that do all of these things, and do them well. The only difference is that one of them is significantly cheaper than the other 2 more well known ones.

First, we have the infamous primer by Smashbox-"Photo Finish Foundation Primer"


 

This one does work really well, but it retails for $36. Enough said.let's move on..

Benefit is another wonderful cosmetics company,and I own quite a few of their products and love them-but they can also be a but pricey. An example is "the POREfessional"



This also does all of the miraculous things listed above, just like the Smashbox primer..but retails for $30. So, although it is $6 cheaper, I know we can do better..


Which brings me to a very well known, and loved drugstore brand, "Maybelline".. They have a product out now called "Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser".


I bought it (for $6), not expecting it to do all of the things those other 2 can.I simply thought it would make my pores appear a little smaller. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it does EVERYTHING the others do, and I personally cannot find a single difference between the three. Except for the price, of course.

I'm sure there are going to be people, that for whatever reason will still continue paying $20+ more for the higher-end primers, but I can tell you from personal experience-there is no reason to. If you want a primer, go out and get this little gem from Walmart (or CVS,etc..) and I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there was a Maybelline primer! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete